Thursday, March 3, 2011

Tomorrow Will Be a Repeat of Today

I like patterns. When washing dishes I like washing the plates best because they're all the same and they stack nicely next to each other in nice little rows in the drying rack. When folding laundry, I like to fold the towels best because they make neat little stacks. I hate the socks. It's so hard to find matching socks. They must disappear in a black hole or something.

I also hate patterns. Especially when my days are an endless pattern of the same thing over and over. My typical week looks something like this: Monday: Get up, go to collage, sit through long boring classes, go home, eat dinner, do chores, read, do homework, go to bed. Tuesday: Get up, do lots of homework, do chores, read, do more homework, go to bed. Wednesday: Get up, go to collage, sit through long boring classes, go home, eat dinner, do chores, read, do homework, go to bed. Thursday: Get up, do lots of homework, do chores, read, do more homework, go to bed... Do we see the problem here?

These kind of patterns I can't stand and yet I find myself trapped. Living the same basic outline day after day after day after day. It's sooooo dull. I'm sort of reminding myself of that one thing from the Nightmare Inspector: "Tomorrow will be a Repeat of Today." Except, I don't want tomorrow to be a repeat of today.

I can't wait for winter to be over. It's a bit easier to have a little bit more of a variety in one's life when one can actually go outside and do things without freezing to death.

No comments: