Monday, August 18, 2008

Cooking Class? What For?

As luck would have it, I was able to get the ipod unfrozen. I'm not really sure how though. One of those freak things I guess.

Last week we stared school. We were only working on one or two subjects and only did it for three days out of the week. This week, we are really starting. My mom is going to put us though a cooking class. I don't like to cook. But I can cook if I have to. that's why everything has instructions on it and there are things called cook books. So why must I suffer though a culinary arts class? True I shrink away from the hot stove, but I'm working on that burn-a-phobia thing. I make great pot pie and cooked carrots. And dad has showing me how to makes mashed potatoes and Garvy. bisects and cornbread are a sinch! I mean, you really can't go to wrong if you follow the directions. I like making cookies, though there was that one time I misread the instructions on the back of the chocolate chip bag and end up with cookie soup. But Hey, I'm 16! I'm learning! and I don't think I need a class to tell me to add more flour to my cookie batter if it looks soupy. I learned that the hard way.

No comments: