Saturday, February 7, 2009

book character party

To make this whole post make more sense, I'll take you back to earlier this week...

Rachel: "you could go as Becka from Terrier."

Me: "I can't. I'm almost positive Christiana's going to be Becka."

Rachel: "did she tell you?"

Me: "No, but I have a feeling she's going to be Becka."

Alright. we had a costume party. you had to dress up like your favorite book character. All the people I wanted to be are impossible to play or they are guys. it's funny how that works. I hate it! most the books I like have a guy as a main character. anyway, I was still undecided as I helped my two sisters get into their costumes. I literally had five minutes to pick a costume and get out the door.

I ended up going as Buttercup from the Princess Bride even though I look NOTHING like her. it was better than nothing and I had this blue ex-prom dress that I've used before. it's too long. I kept tripping over the hem. I felt overdressed even though there were a ton of other people dressed in full costume. I get really self conscious in a dress. I HATE wearing dresses. I need to come up with an outfit that's a girl and wears pants...

Oh yeah, I was right about Christina. she WAS dressed like Becka. She hadn't told me (one of the games was guess-what-book-this-person-is-from) and I was right. my clue to her costume was the fact that she had been reading the book recently.

Alright. Gotta go get out of this annoying blue dress. catcha later

No comments: