Sunday, June 8, 2008

For the Love of My Sister

Abby has this big stuffed bear. It’s white, with a red and green bow and it used to have jingle bells tied on ribbons around it’s neck. It’s a Christmas Bear. So naturally, we put it away when Christmas ended. Yesterday, Abby started crying because she all of a sudden decided to miss that bear. So this morning, Mom sent Nathan up into the attic to look for it. One problem. Which box is it in?

It’s 90 something degrees outside and in the attic it’s twice as hot. Nathan must have looked though all the Christmas boxes and when I joined him in the search, I looked in a lot of the other boxes. I went all out even searching in all the closets and under all the beds. No bear. I’m beginning to think we gave the bear away because WE STILL CAN’T FIND IT!

I’m about ready to just stand in one place and say “I want that stuffed bear back!” I mean, if God can leave our missing Shepard’s staff in my closet, he can certainly find that bear for us. He might even drop it on Abby’s bed…

No comments: