Thursday, June 5, 2008

Welcoming The Rain


Have you ever looked out the window and thought. “Oh great, it’s raining again! Now my fun filled day is ruined.” That is the way I used to feel 2 years ago when I lived in Maryland. We did have a few droughts, but there was always rain from time to time. We had rivers and GREEN grass. I always took the rain as a nuisance or for granted. Not anymore.

I live in a very dry. Very windy, very dusty town. It is so dry here that the grass is brown almost all year. The only green places you are going to find is in front of the buildings with the built in sprinkler system. There is also a lot of exposed dirt, and as I said, it’s very windy all the time. So we get dust storms a lot. Sometimes the sky is brown cuz of all the dirt in the air.

What I’m getting at with all this is that when it rains. It is something wonderful and refreshing. Living here has made me appreciate the gigantic thunderstorms and cherish the little afternoon drizzles. I welcome the rain arms open, face uplifted. Listening the sound and smelling the fresh sent of the life giving rain. It feels good.

I think that is one way we should receive God’s love. He always loves us. But sometimes we don’t think about it or take it for granted. If he pulls away slightly, you feel the loss. Of course he doesn’t pull away from you because he’s angry. It is simply a way for him to get you to move closer. So when he picks you up again, you feel his love even more than before the time when you felt his love was lacking. You stand in his presence, arms open, letting his love shower down on you like a life giving rain.

No comments: