Sunday, June 28, 2009


My weekend has been filled with lots of laughs, sweat, sunscreen, and sleeping in tents too small for four girls.


Thursday:So we went to pick of Stephanie for a sleep over and we met by the TX border. (she lives in TX and I don't) my mom decided to do a quick turn around on a side dirt road so she could just pull out of there and head home. big mistake. the road was more dirt than sand and we got stuck in the sandy shoulder. we must have been there for twenty minutes trying to get the suburban out of the sand bank! eventually, a guy passing by in a pick up truck stopped and we hooked up to his truck and he pulled us out. I looked over at Steph, who was standing next to me and said, "note to self, never try to turn around in a dirt road when there is a drive way fifty feet away." because there was a drive way about fifty feet from where we got stuck.


Friday: We went to Oasis State Park, but before going, we had to pick up my three little girl cousins. Mom handed them the sunscreen and Amber, who's five, managed to get some in her eye. Mom, being the good first aid person she is, pulled over to the side of the road and flushed Amber's eye. We had fun at Oasis and Steph, Rosey and I went up on the dunes. it was really hot so we were glad when we left. the same afternoon, we headed back to Stephanie's house and met Lizzie there. We spent the afternoon swimming in the pool and hanging out in Steph's room playing LIFE.


I got to watch the West Side Story for the first time and I didn't think much of it. Tony: "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to, but there was a knife in my hand and I somehow managed to kill your brother!" Maria: "Oh...well, it doesn't matter, I still love you. Will you marry me?" Seriously, the girl needs to get a life! Actually, every one in the movie needed to get a life. what is the point of fighting for turf that doesn't even really belong to you accomplish anyway?


Now about that tent...Seriously, the tent is about five by seven. all of us, Lizzie, Steph, Rosey and I are over five feet tall. we slept with our feet to the door on top of one sleeping bag as padding and a bunch of throw blankets for covers. the ground was uneven and so I found that my feet were slightly higher than my head! There was also the street light blinding me from one angle and the porch light blinding me from another. I swear I was sleeping on rocks and if you slept between two girls that like to move and talk in their sleep, you might have a hard time sleeping too! I don't think I got much sleep Friday night. Don't get me wrong, I had a lot of fun, but I sleep like my dad, which means that in order to actually get a good night's sleep, I have to have quiet, darkness, and something comfortable behind my back. I ended up going inside to get an extra blanket to cover my head and another one to go underneath me for more padding.


Saturday: Not much happened. We went home and I spent yesterday afternoon reading. I hadn't read for two days and was behind. I still have a lot of books waiting for my attention. like, The Jellicoe Road, Vanish, The Enclave, Standard Hero Behaviour, Wild Orchard and the Blue Djinn of Babylon. All of them I am borrowing and all of them need to go back soon.


I spent a good part of the evening reading For Young Women Only. It's a book on how guys think. I'm pretty glad I read it. I think I understand my brother a little bit better now. And I know why that one guy in the supermarket keeps staring at me.


Sunday: well, It's only 10:30 AM, so I'm not sure what is going to happen today.

No comments: