Wednesday, May 13, 2009

hot glue and missing skin

my hands are no longer green and red. no. something WORSE has happened to them.

to back up, the dye came out of the puppets. the fabric didn't take at all! so we have white puppets with a slight green or red tint. talk about frustrating! all that work yesterday and NOTHING to show for it.

Back to worse. the dye came out of my hands and then this afternoon while I was hot gluing hair on one puppet, the index finger on my right hand brushed though the hot glue. so now the top half, and I mean half of my finger is burnt, blistered, and missing a layer of skin. I'm probubly making it sound worse than it is, but it sure hurts like ****! I never realized how much I use my right hand. I eat and write, draw and paint with my left hand, but my right does mostly everything else! I just hope it heals quick. touching it with anything hurts.

on the bright side, all the puppets are done and i don't have to hot glue anything anymore!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I'm glad it's over with! Puppets can be a hassle. :p

Katie said...

Yeowch. sure sorry your skin's missing. but at least it's done, right?